One of the most revered names in the food industry, Balendra Singh is known to be an astute and professional Pastry Chef with superb local and international experience who has a flair for innovation and acumen of international pastry cuisine. He is a dedicated Pastry chef, who initially studied his art in the GIHM Dehradun with focus on bakery and confectionary. Singh worked with top luxurious International branded Hotels, and Cruise ship around the world. He believes ultimate guest satisfaction can only be achieved by never cutting corners and following strict hygiene norms in all processes.
As Singh puts it, ‘‘Eating fuels the body, but eating good food fuels the soul.’’ Over a span of 18 odd years with three preopening hotel, three local bakery setup and heading the opening of two Pastry Academy in Delhi. Singh has worked with various world class hotels and gathered great exposure and experience to exceed the expectations of his guests and peers, in fact dazzle and delight them with his product, his service and his attitude.
The desire to reach the heights of his profession and never cease discovering the vast world of gourmet is his driving force.
He started his career with Umaid Bhawan Palace in 2003 as Commie. From there he has joined The Grand 2005 as Kitchen Management Trainee and has moved to Carnival Cruise Line in 2007 as Chef de Partie. Rejoined The Grand in 2009, moved to Westin Gurgaon in 2010 as a Chef De Partie Preopening hotel , and then Singh has joined next Preopening JW Marriott in 2013 as a Pastry Sous Chef. Joined Next Preopening in 2015 Pullman and Novotel as Assistant Pastry Chef. And Moved in Taj Mahal Hotel New Delhi as a Pastry Chef. He held a position an Executive Pastry Chef at reputed culinary Institute in New Delhi teaching cooking and management courses.
After enjoying 17 years with the industry and finesse his skills as a pastry chef and Best chocolatier, he returned to his roots in culinary education. An endeavor to impart this knowledge of his, ‘Excellence’ programmed has been introduced, which consists of a mélange of Pastry, Chocolate and Entrepreneurship. He started his own INSTITUTE OF BAKERY & PASTRY ARTS (New Delhi) and also started “Balendra’s Baking Classes” (BBC), every month in different five star hotels all over India.
Specialties: Micros update and programming, costs and selling prices, Menu Engineering Microsoft Excel Food cost analysis, monthly forecasts, purchases, opening and closing stock figures, revenue forecasts and actual, staffing productivities Microsoft Word, Vander Management.
Certificate of Hygiene and HACCP (USA, CCL)
Certificate of Hygiene and ISO22000 (INDIA)
AWARD AND ACHIVEMENT
• Attended workshop in Viennoiserie & bread making class at LE CORDON BLEU ,LONDON.
• Attended a 3 Day master certificate program in FRANCE.
• Worked with MASTER CHEF FUSTO For Launch of Valhrona chocolate in INDIA.
• Achieve an Employee of the Year 2006 in THE GRAND New Delhi.
• Achieve an Employee of the month in carnival ,(USA)(2008)
• Achieve Sous chef (Manager) of the Year 2014 IN JW Marriott.
• Certificate of Achievement Food Safety Management System Based on ISO 22000:2005(2014)
• Train the trainer award by Taj Mahal Hotel (2015)
• Done a full day workshop on Chocolate Making for Vedatya Hotel Management Institute Gurgaon( 1 March 2015 )
• Done a 3 day workshop on Basic of Bakery and Pastry Making Rashtrapati Bhawan New Delhi ( 10-13 May 2015)
• Awarded as Master Assessor for FICSI,INDIA(2016)
• External Examiner for final year exam DIHM Lajpat nagar, 2015 and 2016.
• External Examiner for final year exam BCIHM New Delhi, 2017
• Magicka Cake alive Bakers Awards” BEST INNOVATOR & EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR ,2017
• Published article on “Food Blends With Culture Of India” in INCREDIBLE CHEF-official magazine Indian Culinary Forum, November 2017.
• Attended 7 Days Pastry Queen Awards in ITALIY (20-27 JAN-2018)
• Done a full day workshop on Cake Icing for Lakshmibai Degree college Delhi ( 19 Feb2018 )
• Magicka Best Bakery Institute of the year, 2018